Photo Contest 2015
September 15, 2015
October 4, 2015 Schedule and General Information
La Creperie will be on site with sweet and savory crepes
Photographers are expected to arrive at the Botanical Center with their photos (check here for the rules-http://bccrwp.org/photo-contest-2015) and check in at the registration table. Photographers will be given a numerical sticker to place on each photo registered for the contest (up to three photos).
Photographers may bring up to five additional photos to sell during this event. Thesephotos will be registered separately at the registration table. Each of these photos will receive a sticker indicating that it is for sale. (For more information about sale photos check here-http://bccrwp.org/photo-contest-exhibition-day-sale).
Photographic Society of Rhode Island member, Mike Dooley, will give a presentation called “Exploring the Ocean State.” When thinking about landscape photography, we often think of great National Parks and travel to exotic locations. However, in Rhode Island beautiful locations are often less than an hour drive from our homes. Take a visual journey along the RI coast, and learn how to photograph the beauty of the Ocean State.
Judging will take place at this time.
The Botanical Center opens to the public.
Awards ceremony takes place
At this time photos that have not received awards may be taken by the registrants. All photos which are not claimed on October 4 will be held at the Botanical Center's welcome center/ticket booth for two weeks. The welcome center/ticket booth is open Tuesday-Sunday from 11am-3:30 pm. Photographers may pick-up their photos during these regular hours.
June 18, 2015
Photo Contest Exhibition Day Sale
We are pleased to announce that we are offering registrants for the 2015 Photo Contest the opportunity to sell both the photos they submit for the exhibition and up to 5 additional non-exhibited matted photos. Click here for details about the rules for the sale of photographs.
- Photo Contest Exhibition extended hours.
April 20, 2015
- Launch date: Sunday, May 3rd at the Botanical Center. Hours 10am-1pm. Register on May 3 or find the registration form online and email it to the address provided.
- Sigma Lens will be on site with lenses for visitors to try.
- Hunt’s Photo and Video will have staff available to answer questions
- Mary Doo of the Photographic Society of Rhode Island will lead a seminar (11:30 am) entitled “How to Create a Successful Image.” She will discuss images from intimate landscapes to macro photography.
- Photographic Society of Rhode Island will be on site to answer questions and share information.
La Creperie will be creating their delicious sweet and savory crepes and sharing other breakfast and lunch goodies.