BOTANICAL CENTER at ROGER WILLIAMS PARK
PHOTO CONTEST & EXHIBITION, 2015
Grand Prize/Best in Show
$500 Gift Card or Interchangeable Lens Camera from Hunt's Photo & Video
One First Place Award in Each Category*
$100 Gift Card from Hunt's Photo & Video
Two Second Place Awards in Each Category
$50 Gift Card from Hunt's Photo & Video
Three Third Place Awards in Each Category
$25 Gift Card from Hunt's Photo & Video
Additional Awards for Best Photo under These Headings:
- Use of Lighting
- Black and White
- Rose in the Rose Maze
*Competition Categories: Student/Youth (19 and under), General Public, Member of a Photo Club
(PRINTABLE PDF VERSION)
- The maximum number of photos per contestant is 3.
- Contestants may participate in only one category (General Public, Photo Club member, Student/Youth.
- Photo size must be 8 x 10 or 11 x 14 only. Student/youth category may submit photos of any size up to 11 x 14.
- Photos need to be matted. No frames of any type.
- Photos are to be taken between May 3 and October 4 at the RWP Botanical Center.
- Photo may not include any person. Plants, animals and insect life only.
- All photos to be submitted 9-10am, October 4, the day of the exhibition
- You are not required to label the photograph. But you may label it if you wish. Photo captions, plant identification, camera and lens information are acceptable.
- All photos must have your name, address, email and telephone # on the back.
- The Roger Williams Park Botanical Center 2015 Photo Contest is open to ALL photographers of any age, except employees of RWP Botanical Center and members of the BCC Board.
- Please do not include photographs of people, pets or domestic animals. Images of captive animals photographed are also prohibited. However photos of animals and insects interacting with wildlife at the RWPBC are acceptable.
- The BCC shall determine winner eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the judges are final.
- The show committee may end registration at any point if it feels that the number of entries exceeds available space for display.
- Photographs will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit. The judges are a panel of photographers and BCC members familiar with photography.
- The number of entries per category will determine actual number of awards. A minimum of 3 awards per category and a maximum of 6 are expected. Watch for more details on the BCC website.
If your photograph is formally honored by the competition as an award winner, you grant RWPBC and the BCC a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, to:
- Use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in RWPBC and the BCC’s non-commercial communications.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial use, RWPBC and the BCC -related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the RWPBC and the BCC Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Keep the photos provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
- As conditions of this permission, The RWPBC and the BCC shall credit all photographs with the caption "© Person's Name" when the full name is available.
Additional information and updates will be posted on the Botanical Center Conservancy web site. Visit often to get updates and a list of awards as they are added.